Wednesday, June 30, 2010

always be prepared and a challenge



my pantry is empty. normally that's not good news. but i have once again eaten myself out of house and home. by doing this twice a year, i eat everything without it being expired. no waste.

i also have the second part of my pantry purge: coupons! now when i restock the pantry, i will do it cheaply. i will stock up on the basics, but if it's on sale or i have a coupon or both! i plan on having posting my receipt this time, instead of throwing it away like i did in january.

i made a few interesting dishes: angel hair pasta with a chunky marina full of sliced olives, garlick-y shrimp scampi, sausage balls (served with scrambled eggs for a delicious late night breakfast).

i do know that this time, i will be donating the sardines in mustard sauce to my friend's cat. i am not putting them back in my cabinet again  since i have no intention of ever eating them.

2 comments:

  1. We just got back from a trip and I have nothing in my fridge and some very boring stuff in the pantry. We all keep opening the fridge door and peeking in, hoping desperately that magic pixies put some different and delicious new things in there. But alas, no.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my husband is wanting the keebler elves show up and leave a bunch of cookies.

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love!