Sunday, June 15, 2014

Another Me




I have another screen name I use as my email address for junk mail. It's an AOL name I've had since 1994.

I did a search today on this screen name- I saw someone on FB who had their identity used in nefarious ways. Guess what?

People using my AOL name- which is a nickname I've had since I was in second grade in 1972- include:

  • a lesbian on Pinterest who pins pics of naked women
  • a social reject who has profiles on every dating sight
  • a woman in Russia willing to be your bride for the right price
  • an astrologer
  • a very high-scoring World of Warcraft player
and a few other things.

I have no recourse here. It's not my real name anyway. It's just very pissifiying and maddening. No wonder several people- Hollywood celebrities, mind you- have blocked me on Twitter. People I have never had any interaction with, never met, never sent an email. I just admired their work. But I'm blocked because I used my nickname, which is very unusual.

I hate to do it but I will have to come up with a new nickname. I am so infuriated.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love!