Monday, June 2, 2014

What Comes Around Goes Around

There was a girl in high school who shared a locker with this girl who hated me. So the first girl was pressured into hating me too. She would say mean things under her breathe at and about me. Then she went out with this guy I had an on again-off again relationship with, actually more off than on, I guess. He was one messed up dude, I see that now, but I was blinded by his long blonde hair and blue eyes and he could say what you wanted to hear. We did a lot of drinking and drugging together, and had lots of sex while we were impaired. I finally gave him up but we never confronted it head on. I just started avoiding his calls, if I answered the phone I would tell him I was busy and never call him back.He heard a rumor I was getting married and the night I got married, he drove by my now-husband's house a hundred times. Now it would be called stalking.

He kept calling me after I got married and he still drove by the house. I got off work at 11:00 at night and he got off at midnight. I could count on hearing his Volkswagon Bug putt-putting past the house at 15 minutes after midnight.

He finally moved away, but I still got weird phone calls at all hours of the night, just weird breathing, like he was jacking off. Later I worked for a national hotel chain and I worked 5 a.m. until 1:30 p.m. I got these weird calls at work at 5:30, because I was the only one answering the phone for the whole country until 6:00. One day I said "Stop, Mike. No one loves you." The calls at work and at home stopped that day. I realized later one of my husband's friends had to have told him my shift changed.

Back to this girl. She was a real cunt to me. I was glad at the end of the school year, because my mother moved and I went to a different school than she did. I didn't hear from her until Facebook came along. She saw we had been to the same school and sent me a friend request. I accepted it and didn't tell her who I really was, as my FB name is the nickname I had in second grade.

I did finally come out to her and gave her enough info to figure out who I was. I told her that she had been very mean to me but I understood it was the influence the other girl she shared her locker with (and this chick's sister who also went out with the weirdo Mike) and I didn't hold it against her. She told me her first marriage fell apart and then she married this cute stoner guy who went to school with us. He was always smoking.He found out he had lung cancer and took his rifle outside one day and blew his head off in the backyard.

I feel sorry for her on one level. But another evil part of me thinks Karma smacked her upside the head. But this psycho Mike could be very persuasive. He spread a lot of rumors about me. I always came running back. It's pretty sad to think that he was able to manipulate me and make me feel bad about what he did, even 35 years later. He is the one I stalked down on FB that I talked about on her a few years ago. His blonde hair is gone- he's bald, he has bags under his eyes and he's very fat- he looks like he's been eating nothing but donuts and butter. I'm 49 but people are shocked and think I am 35. His girlfriend is 55 but she looks 65. I think he got what he deserved.

So back to the girl. She posted in a group I belong to that she was having a hard time even 5 years after her husband's suicide. I feel sorry for her- no one needs that. There was one guy in the group giving her shit. Again, I think Karma raised its ugly head.

I'm torn, I told her I would give her a call one day when I get to town and we could go to lunch together. I might give her a call this week. She needs a friend right now. I can forgive her for being a bitch back then.

But I believe their is no redemption for Mike. He deserves whatever Karma dishes out to him.

2 comments:

Show me some love!