Wednesday, February 26, 2014

My Ass On A Platter...

I had my ass handed back to on FB today, by someone I considered to be one of my best friends. We go to church together and have known each other even longer outside of church.

She had major surgery in the last week, so I'm trying to give her a break. It's probably the drugs.

I post things on my FB wall that may be posted for me, or for others sometimes. I share things that appeal to me. I don't post dirty jokes or racist comments.

But I got called out for posting Buddha quotes by my friend. She  asked by I was posting all "this buda stuff", that it went against everything she believed as a Christian. To her, he is just a fat Chinese idol.

I replied that Buddha never claimed to be a holy man, that she could consider Buddha quotes a recipe for a calmer life. As far as the fat idol quote, she should just consider him an Oriental Santa Claus who comes every day to bring you peace. I apologized for offending her.

She came back with I could never offend her, that I was her dear friend. Again, the drugs speak!

It made me cry. Not because of what she said, but because she called me out on FB. She knows me well enough to know that it is the worst thing she could do, to chastise me in a public forum. I still can't believe she did it.

I guess I can blame it on the drugs. Or maybe the drugs made her bold enough to remove the filter she previously had in place.

Or maybe sometimes you find out who your real friends are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love!