Friday, October 3, 2014

I'm back...like a bad penny!



I quit writing her because someone. left a nasty comment. But they were wrong, and I'm not going to let them drive me away. They can shove their comment up their ass and go to Hell. 

I am going to write about my mother. I have missed her. Her favorite show growing up was "The Patty Duke Show" and it comes on every morning. I watch the 2 episodes and I cry for my mother. I see what she wished for in the characters.

My mother had Alzheimer's. She passed away due to renal failure last year. She lived with my evil half-sister who took advantage of getting her social security checks. When my mother died on the 25th of Feb., my sister said if she had known she wouldn't get the check for that month, she would have put her on life support for 3 days. She also kept getting checks for 7 months after my mother's death and Social Security caught on, so she is paying it back now. 

She went from having a Hummer and eating out every night to having the Hummer repoed- or possessed- and filing bankruptcy and giving up her house. She now lives in a tiny rental. You can't convince me she didn't use my mom's check for her own crap. I insisted on no life support because it was my mother's wish. She also wanted to be buried in pajamas and socks, like she was sleeping. But my sister had her tarted up and she looked like a cross between Mrs. Doubtfire and an aging prostitute. She put her in a floral dress and pearls. She filled my mother' coffin with trinkets- playing cards with the deadman's hand, little teddy bears and loots of fake flowers. She gave me the wrong day for the funeral so I missed it. I had to get her permission to even view her. Now I think it has hit her hard and she is in a deep depressive state. 

I wish I had one more day with my mother. I did get to see the day before she died at the hospital. The Alzheimer's was gone for a few minutes and she had the gift of clarity. She knew me and my family. She told me she loved me. I kissed her and told her the same. I had to leave so she could have some type of treatment. When I left, I told her I would see the next day. But she died at 5:30 a.m., the time she used to get up for work. 

Please cherish your time with your mother. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love!