Saturday, January 4, 2014

Red Rockers



My son sent me a photo today. I couldn't quite make it out- the photo is sideways, so I asked him what it was.

It was a little red rocker, just like my son had, but minus the rope seat that was on his rocker..

The kicker? It was 4 times what I paid for his 28 years ago!

I bought his second hand for $3 and it had the rope seat.

He asked me if I would string the seat for him, so his baby he might have one day would have a chair like he had as a child.

I told him I would be glad to, but I reminded him that he had complained that the rope pinched his butt.

He replied, "Oh yeah, I remember now. I'm not gonna waste $12 just to hurt my baby's ass!"

I wonder what the people at the antique store thought about that remark.

Yeah, he was at an antique store. I got his at the Goodwill. I don't know whether or not to chalk it up to inflation or the fact he is at an antique shop with his wife instead of the Goodwill.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love!