Tuesday, December 24, 2013

The Funk Rolls On

I went to my appointment at the butt crack of dawn yesterday. Despite the urgency the FP doc felt, the Ortho doctor said he would prefer someone else look at it. I am free to run amuck for Christmas, but my foot may be rotting off.

I have been very stingy with the pain pills, so I have enough to last me a while. I will have to go in and see the doctor again to get more, but since they are 5 minutes away and my co-pay is $5, it's not a big sacrifice to see him again.

I am supposed to go to lunch at Chickie's grandmother's house today. I have decided to make corn casserole. I have to get it in the oven in an hour so it can cook properly. It will come out of the oven hot, so I will just put a couple of towels down in the floor of the backseat of the car and when I get there, I will put a lid on it and put it in the carrier. I plan on sprinkling the cheese over the top the second it comes out of the oven, because it might get too rubbery if it has to be reheated. I am hoping the towels will keep it warm for the 1 hour drive to her house.

To be honest, I really don't want to go. I would rather just make a ham for us at home and stay here. I planned on just cleaning up the house and making a small meal for meal and Bobo, but Root texted me Friday that we were invited to eat with them. The fact they got the invitation before Thanksgiving and decided to tell us 4 days ahead of time doesn't sit well with me. Chickie is not to ever be trusted, so I feel she has a secret agenda. I have no gifts for anyone, I don't have my teeth yet and I just feel like if I go, it will be 9th grade gym all over again. I will be made to feel like I am the geek who has no social skills.

I may just stay home. I would like to see her family, but I am getting an uneasy feeling about this. I have a problem with her and while I love her family, I don't want to see her. She's gonna be all fake and I might SNAP! like a rubber band.

I am going to try to convince Bobo we don't need to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love!