Friday, December 20, 2013

Just As Merry As Last Year

I spent Christmas last year in the hospital getting a toe amputated due to diabetes.

Looks like I will do the same this year.

My leg injury led me to the doctor's office today. They took x-rays. The doctor came in and told me my x-rays were not good.

They were bad.

I thought he meant they were defective and needed to be retaken.

No.

I am missing the majority of bones my left foot (the problem last year was the right). An infection has set in and eaten most of the bone away.

He made me an appointment with an orthopedic doctor. He couldn't get me in today, most of the clinics in my insurance network close at 1:00 on Friday. I go Monday at 7:15 a.m. He had to beg for that one- I heard it- hence the ungodly hour.

I was told to pack for the hospital and be ready to check in so they can chop off another toe.

Then my son called and they want to do Christmas Monday night at my house. I am also nvited to Chickie's grandmother's house for lunch Tuesday.

These are my only Christmas functions I have to attend.

I will try to keep my pending hospital admission up to Tuesday afternoon.

Hopefully I won't need to go to the hospital at all.

But I have a feeling of dread that checking into the hospital will become a regular Christmas tradition.

For a while, anyway. I only have 9 toes at the moment. Maybe eight after next week.

The upside? Free high speed Wi-Fi, good crushed ice and I.V. painkillers on a regular basis.

Gotta look for the silver lining!

Pray for me! I need my toes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love!