Friday, August 30, 2013

Confessions of a Mean Girl

A while back I mentioned that I frequented a mean girl message board. I resolved not to post there anymore.

I weakened.

I posted there for a few months. About a month ago, I posted something on there, Something they had wondered about for years, speculating what might have happened. It involved a major social leader, a very powerful female with a lot of clout. I posted the truth about what happened, which is something that happened years ago.

I got my ass handed to me on a plate.

How did I know? Didn't I realize I was spreading rumors? Who was I to tell this tale?

To be succinct, I had first hand knowledge, I made a promise to a friend not to tell while she was employed by the figure and I was tired of seeing them post the questions about what had happened. I knew the answers.

So now I am am outcast. Out of 159 replies, three were positive. One verified what I said via another source, a source no where as close as I was. No one apologized. or thanked me for clearing up the matter. I was chewed up and spit out.

Needless to say, the bitches on that board are garbage to me now. I did a bit of lurking but I'm not going to even waste my time doing that. One poster put it in perspective when she said that the board refused to believe anything that didn't fit their fantasy of what happened.

I am real.

But I swear on the 9 toes I have left, I won't ever darken their board again. Even as a lurker. The hive mentality is too much for me to bear.

I believe in truth.

I was as brainwashed as those bitches were convinced their subject choices were. I wish I could go back and erase all existence of my association with them. But the internet is forever.

They are convinced they are forcing change upon a certain group of people. Now I see them for what they are- a hate group, as much as hate group as the Nazis. They were self-important. I was never mean and tried to keep them from digging too hard at anyone. They were convinced they were affecting a large change. Yeah, 900 people against the world.

But they are a hate group. I wish I could apologize to each person who ever crossed their path.

I am ashamed of myself.

1 comment:

  1. I had a friend, at least that's how I thought of her. She turned out to be not at all my friend, betraying me to all our mutual friends. (Well, not all, just the ones who would listen to her.) When her betrayal became known, I said nothing about it online, because I knew that even though I was the one who had been poorly treated, she would play the "Oh poor me, someone's complaining about me" card and I would end up being THE BITCH. So I said nothing. Interestingly enough, about a year later, she betrayed another one of her supporters, and all I could do was laugh. Maybe sometime they will all figure it out

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love!