Monday, October 8, 2012

chilling and illing

i had some type of virus/flu/bootiecootie today. i couldn't eat anything. so what did i do after sleeping all day?

i'm watching diners, drive-ins and dives!  and it's killing me! i eat to make steak chili that takes 8 hours to make and served on black angus burgers and hand-stuffed frankfurters in a restaurant that's been in business since the civil war. i want garlic pork that's been smoked over a low heat since my momma was born.

but instead i am eating crushed ice and sipping pink lemonade, while starving to death.

why do i punish myself like this? i have no idea.

one day i am going to make some really good meat-only chili full of steak. i will probably eat every bite myself and lick the pot clean.

but not today.

i just sit here eating crushed ice and drooling, while fighting back the nausea.

but tomorrow is another story.

my friend is supposed to come down to see me and bobo this week-end. we plan on doing endless shrimp at   red lobster. i plan on wearing our server out. but i set up ground rules: if we need drink or biscuit refills, we will put the glasses and basket at the edge of the table. anytime you get refills for someone else, drop by our table. and i do tip well.

that's one thing that pisses me off about some of the traveling food shows. they don't tip.i guess they don't expect to ever have to eat in that city again.

but it makes me wonder just how much server saliva some "foodnetwork stars" have ingested. or at least, how make times their food had been poked.

i found out my disability had been approved. i have a wad of money coming. i am practicing my on-line shopping skills. i went to the target website and put almost $1K of damask bed linens and dishes in the basket before i clicked the little red arrow that sends my order into oblivion.

i actually have a plan. my car gets paid off, i get some target gift cards for christmas (the grandkids are getting wiis and i will let them pick out what games they want), the tiny mortgage i pay in addition to my house note gets paid off and the rest of the money goes into my saving account to pay for my part of the three surgeries i need. big whoop! but i do get medicare do i won't have to buy medical supplies off of ebay anymore.

it was never in my plan to me to ever get excited about medical supplies.

i was supposed to be a famous writer but actually spend most of my time on the tonight show and letterman, while fighting off the paprazzi from tmz during on a date with james woods, with whom i am engaged and who gave me a 1,000 carat diamond ring.

yea, old ass james woods.

there is something so appealing about a smart old man.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love!