Wednesday, March 26, 2014

I Come Clean...Dirty Little Secret

My husband had a car wreck in the middle of February. My car was badly damaged and will not be out of the shop until tomorrow. I've gotten used to the little Versa rental.

He had been drinking. He plowed into the back of somebody who didn't have any brake lights. He didn't get cited for the wreck. They took him by ambulance to the hospital here in town.

He had taken his daily medication early. Then right before he left, he took a swig of Moon Shine I didn't know bout. Somehow the half-life of the drugs got kicked off by the alcohol.

I have made it very clear I am disgusted with his behavior. He pled guilty. He has to go to classes, go on 90 days unsupervised probation and get his license suspended for 90 days. He is  racking up the fines.

I sold our second car. I gave him the money to pay his junk, with the agreement he pay me back triple the amount.

He is never driving my car again. Ever. I am having him pulled off my insurance.

Drunk driving makes me so angry. It's the lowest of the lows. My first question was whether anyone was hurt. No, they are fine. But they were cited for no having brake lights, so technically I could sue them (as suggested by the judge). But I'm not.



He is applying for several jobs close to the house. I can drive him and pick him up.

He lost his visitation rights to my bedroom, if you know what I mean.

I'm about ready to file divorce. I have to go to this legal clinic to become administrator of my mother's estate. I just wanted to find out some answers to a few questions. But they want an administrator to speak with. The woman at the legal clinic feels like they are afraid I am going to sue over a few tings I discovered in her medical records. She says it sounds like they want an administrator to handle the settlement money. I might ask about a divorce while I'm there.

I'm tired of rescuing people. I need someone to take care of me.

I need someone to love and respect me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love!